Pont Alexandre III is one of the most beautiful bridges crossing the Seine River. This bridge is decorated with bronze lamp posts and golden sculptures all over.
It took three years to build the beautiful Pont Alexander III in order to celebrate the alliance between France and Russia. The first foundation stone for this bridge was laid by Tsar Nicholas II in 1896, and it was named after his father, Tsar Alexander III.
The construction of Pont Alexandre III bridge finished just in time for the World Exhibition in 1900.
Pont Alexandre III is made of a 107-meter long metal span linking Champs-Élysées to Esplanades des Invalides / Eiffel Tower area. There are four pillar posts at each end of the bridge, 2 in the Left Bank and 2 in the Right Bank. The pillars on the left side represent the Renaissance and Louis XIV era of France whereas the pillars on the right represent the Medieval and Modern era of France.